Nollywood Delectable Actress How I met & Fell inlove with my husband-Dakore Egbuson

                 

Delectable actress, Dakore Egbuson is Married to Olumide, son of Ibadan-born billionaire, Chief Harry Akande, she recounts their meeting and marital journey to Punch  “We met in Lagos. I just relocated from London and he just returned from Chicago. Read More

We got talking because he wanted me to present a television show. I did not get the job but I did get the dude. It was work-related but we found out we connected. We were friends for a while before we started dating. Then, I was not out for a date. I liked him for his confidence and he gave me my space too. He was a real gentleman and well-spoken. When it was time for the engagement, I knew it would happen, but I did not know when. I knew what it was like to make a mistake because my parents were not together and I needed to be sure. I was career driven but not driven about marriage. 
On the proposal “The proposal was really nice. He got down on his knees and proposed and people were emotional. Shortly after that, we got married. We had Ayomide, our first daughter, who is now three, and Dasola, who is 10 months old now.” On the rumours They peddled all sorts of stories-His parents did not like me and that I quit acting. But it’s not possible that I would be married if my father-in-law did not like me. I was not even 40 years old yet and people started calling me an ex-actress. It was hard for me! But I decided to live my life and I stopped paying attention to maintain my sanity. How could anyone think I would quit my job because I got married? They said this because I married into a wealthy family, but I still have my purpose and goals that I want to achieve.”  On Challenges “Celebrity marriages are not different. The only reason is that people are looking at you. The challenges are the same but are amplified in celebrity marriages. That puts a lot of pressure on the union. The first thing is to marry your friend. You have to marry for the right reason. I married for love; someone I am totally in awe of and respect. It is difficult, but when you have God, there is a balance that comes with it. It is fun and challenging. It is easy to get frustrated but people need to remember their vows.”  On cutting her dreadlocks “I made up my mind that I wanted to wear dreadlocks, and when I was tired of it, I decided to cut it. My husband did not want me to cut my hair; he wanted our children to meet me with the hair. I dance to the beat of my own drum and my path is different from every other person’s. I have my own mind; if I let people shape my opinions of myself, I will not be authentic to myself.”
Contact me directly Cleanson203@gmail.com Stay updated! Kindly kindly follow us and subscribe to our youtube Video Channel http://www.youtube.com/nollywoodpicturestv

Comments